Skip to main content
Hi guys! introduce my self, my name is Teguh Putra Gusal, and I attended the Sea-Teacher program from Sameo, and I happened to be placed at the University of San Jose-Recoletos (USJ-R), Cebu-Philippines. You can see my biodata below:

Full Name
:
Teguh Putra Gusal
Nick Name
:
Teguh
Date of Birth
:
Soppeng. 20 November 1996
Age
:
21 years old
Religion
:
Islam
Country of Origin
:
Indonesia
University
:
Universitas Negeri Makassar
Major
:
General Science Education
Motto
:
Berjalan beriringan dengan proses, bukan berpapasan dengan proses
Photo
:






















I think my feeling is very happy to come to the philippines especially in cebu. I see people here very friendly. Joining in the big family of University of San Jose Recoletos (USJ-R) is something that is amazing to me. I arrived in the Philippines on Monday 22 January 2017 at the international airport mactan-cebu. I was with a comrade in the USJ-R and met at Kuala Lumpur airport when I was going to Cebu, her name is wasinee Doungjaisak. She was from Thailand, I called her Bam. At the airport we were picked up by della romora (she is a participant from Indonesia) with kenneth one of our body here. The first day in the Philippines we went to exchange money because coincidence bam not exchange her money to peso. We went to the supermarket and went to Jollibee to eat because me and bam had not eaten at all. I have to be extra careful about choosing food because I am a Muslim so should not eat food containing pork wkwkwkkw😂😂. After arriving at the lodge we were greeted by mrs. Jacquiline Balbuena, I call her mama. For me she is my second mother, mother who comes from the philippines. Initially my room was on the first floor and both my friend Della and Bam were on the second floor, they were single rooms. But to keep our communication always intense I was taken to the second floor adjacent to their room. For the experience mama Jacquiline took us to the pharmacy (in indonesia we call it Apotek) and 7eleven, but Bam and Della were so tired so they did not come along and only me who participated because maybe I have a lot of stamina wkwkwkkwk😊 (hope so). Me and mama talk about everything from my family and my home country. Prior to 7eleven I visited Mama's house first to pick up some glasses. After that I went back to my room and rested.
Wasinee Dongjaisak
Mrs. Jacquiline Balbuena
Ecclesia Della Romora

On the second day around 10 am we went to the USJ-R campus because there was a first orientation and we were introduced to body and teacher at USJ-R, we were greeted by mr. Maxwell Soller and some body. after that we went on campus tour around our USJ-R campus in related building. After the tour we returned to the conference room and got an orientation delivered by mr. Ionell Jay Terogo that lasts long enough. Around 3 pm we break and return to the inn because at 4 o'clock will be held at our opening and welcoming. The reception was so wonderful we met mr. Jestoni P. Babia (dean) for the first time. We were introduced one by one even though it did not take long because we were only three of us. I thought this was a great day because we were also invited to dinner with teachers as well as sir Babia also went to dinner in SM (shoes Mart) biggest mall in Cebu. I was very full that night and of course I only eat shellfish, fish, and chicken wkwkwk. After that we also to starbuck and drink chocolate there while joking together. I think the teachers here are very funny and very friendly even though they have positions but they joke as if they were students like us. And I think this is a very memorable night for me.
Dr. Jestoni Babia 

From left : Mr.Maxwell, Ms.Sophia, Mrs.Jacquiline, Mr.Babia, Ms.Halmae, Ms.Chenessa, Mr.Ionell,Mr.Montano

On our third day we met our co-ordinator, mr. Englevert Reyes. According to mama (jacquiline) he is a busy person so we just got to meet on the third day. we were invited to go to the junior high scool department and meet our cooperative teacher as well as shown the history of junior high school department in USJ-R. Ms. Maria Sheila Can᷉ete is my coperative teacher. At 13.30 we were with sir vert, sir babia, and mom halma went to main campus of USJ-R and met Fr. Christopher Catamco Maspara (president of USJ-R) I was surprised because he looks young, and we were introduced to father Chris and lastly, we took a photo in his room
From left: Mr.Englevert, Ms. Halmae, Fr. Chris, Me, Wasinee, Della, Mr. Babia
On Thursday, January 25, 2018, I started doing class observation, exactly at 13.00. Along with ms. Can᷉ete, I was in class 317 and I introduced myself to a student in that class. Incidentally the class that I get is only 2 and according to ms. can᷉ete everything is a class of men, because the classes here are separated between men and women. I see all the students here are big and tall but they are friendly, I sit in the back for observation, I ask one of the students "have you ever got studied WORK before?" And he replied "no, this is the first time for us". he said I can call him "Al" I forget what his full name. After class finished they looked awkwardly greeted me. Probably because this is the first day I enter their class and moreover our nationality is different. After that we went to the teachers' room and I talked a lot about what to do tomorrow and consultation about lesson plan. Ms. kan᷉ete shows the lesson plan used and asks to see an example of the exam I made, but she added "maybe Monday". We eat syamforado which is the typical cebu food before returning to the dorm.
Syamporado

The next day is Friday, January 26, 2018, at 11.30 I walk to the mosque for Friday prayers, before I leave my permission to the coordinator and sir Vert says "Are you sure you want to go alone?" I am sure I can see the surroundings of Cebu . Then he added "do not trust anyone on the street". And as a result I arrived at the mosque and it took 25 minutes trip. So if the round-trip calculation takes about 50 minutes. But in my opinion it is experience in country person and i enjoy it wkwkwkkw. Upon arriving at JHS Department I continued my observations in the same class as yesterday's class 317. I really enjoyed the process of my observation because the students were friendly, even some of them were not awkward to talk to me when the learning process was over. After the learning finished torn they replied "Thank you sir" I was surprised in the back because I just sit sweet. Then they went to me and told me and asked. Well I think it's amazing, it's an experience. Then at 15.00 I went to Sir Englevert Reyes's room (I called him sir Vert) for reporting (not formal). The reporting report in question is about our experience and obstacles while in Cebu. He also said "every Friday we will meet like this". We were accompanied by Sir Maxwell Soller (I called him sir Max). Sir Max added "how are you preparing for city tour tomorrow?" Well we have tomorrow's agenda ie tour city of Cebu, we say well we are ready.

Saturday, January 27th 18th we started our tour at 08.00, many places we visited and first of all we went to eat breakfast first because sir Max would not want us to eat late. He always says "you have to eat at least 3 times a day ok, I do not want you not to eat, I will be angry if you do not eat 3 times a day", well he is like a teacher as well as a big brother for me as always attention to us and my age and his age was only 2 years apart, I was 21 years old and he was 23 years old. He is a music teacher so if he comes to our place he must always say "I will teach you how to play guitar or dance" and of course I always say I have no talent in that field. Well, back again on this Saturday we visited many beautiful places like Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral, Magellan Cross, Santo Nin᷉o Church, Fort of San Pedro, Museo Zugbo, I.T. Park, Taoist Temple and Tample of Leah. I probably enjoy the most tour this time. You can see our travel witness documentation below :

Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral


Magellan Cross

Santo Nin᷉o Church

Fort of San Pedro

Museo Zugbo

I.T. Park


Taoist Temple



Tample of Leah


Comments

  1. Kok gue malah tertarik dengan cerita km dengan Bam..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SELF REPORT

SELF-REPORT   Name : Teguh Putra Gusal Home University : Universitas Negeri Makassar Program : Science Education Country : Indonesia Host University : University of San Jose-Recoletos Practicum School : Junior High Shool Departement of USJ-R SCHOOL: GENERAL INFORMATION AND  ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION 1.1. School Profile Location         Junior High School departement, merupakan salah satu departement dari Basic Education. Basic Education memiliki 3 Departement yaitu Grade School Departement, Junior High School Departement dan yang terakhir Senior High School Departement. Sekolah ini berada pada area kampus Basak USJ-R (University of San Jose-Recoletos). Lokasi kampus Basak USJ-R yaitu : Cebu South Road, Basak Pardo, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines. History of USJ-R 1947 Founded by the Order
I think yesterday (Monday, January 29) and today I am just busy with class observation and teaching assistant. Yesterday I had 2 classes of observation and today has 3 classes of obeservation as well. Most of my activities today I spent in a chemistry laboratory. In my lab was accompanied by Bam, because the majors of Bam coincidentally with me is general science. Today she is very busy because she has 3 classes. After all my classes are finished I just stay in the lab for the internet while looking for material for practicum teaching later. My busy start today I think are the reports, reports and reports as well as the lesson plan. Students are examining Students are examining